Curse you Awesome old music...


Get a playlist! Standalone player Get Ringtones

Sunday, January 31, 2010

And so the membership ends...

I'm pretty sure I have posted on the fact that about a month ago I purchased an Xbox360. It is a wonderful thing with many great games and fun features, but therein lies the trap. The majority of the great and wonderful features come with the GOLD MEMBERSHIP. For you non Xbox players, a gold membership is rather like a magizine subscription you can either pay monthly, or yearly to use Gold's features( Online gaming, etc.) I (like many others) bought an Xbox thinking that even when I didn't have Gold I could still be happy. I hear Microsoft laughing now. Cruel, evil laughs of "we have him now." You see my friends, I made the mistake, the ever so small one, of play halo online with Co. Now my gaming life is changed, I MUST have xbox gold or I cannot fully enjoy the great thing called the Xbox 360 Elite, purchased with every last dime of my hard earned savings. It was a small thing at first, my dependance on Gold. The occasional firefight with F and Lu, the online game with Co here and there, then it happened, I became committed to Gold. Xbox's ploy is simple but effective. You buy an Xbox, they give you a free month of Gold, the consumer (like me) absurdly believes that the free month lasts longer than a month and that he can live without it, the month ends, the gamer, now addicted, feels as though they cannot ever enjoy gaming again without Gold. The gamer spends 50 bucks on a year's subscription. The process continues. Here is the worst thing--my spendthriftness is so great, (thank you mom) that I realize that unless I spend 50 whole stinkin' dollars on the year's membership, I will be getting a bad deal. You see, anything less is substantially more pricey per month.

Here's the real kicker,




I don't have 50 dollars,




here's another,




Walmart.com has 12 month subscriptions for 30,





Walmart.com doesn't have them in stock,





How can you not have a virtual subscription in stock?






I think they are playing with me.....







Just like Microsoft....








I'm going to become a communist, I now hate capitalism








Just kidding,
Branson

1 comment:

  1. I feel for you. I was going to play online and before I got on I got this nice e-mail saying my membership ended today.

    No online team play....

    No parties....

    No nothing...

    ReplyDelete