Curse you Awesome old music...


Get a playlist! Standalone player Get Ringtones

Wednesday, March 3, 2010

Posting From Gatlinburg..Berg...whatever

Ok so here I am in Gatlinburg(that's how I'll spell it) in this nice hotel called the Inn at Christmas Place. Yes you heard it right. It is all Christmas all the time here. It can be good or bad...depending on how much you love Christmas trees, Christmas smells, Christmas decor, and Christmas pictures. Regardless of whether you love or hate Christmas, there is a definite advantage of staying at a hotel that focuses solely on one season...freakishly low rates. For some reason, it seems that a lot of people don't like staying at hotels that scream CHRISTMAS in the great month of March. Who would have thought?

Anyway, we have a great schedule planned. We are going skiing tomorrow! Then we are going to a water park the next day. It's the first trip I've ever been on where I had to pack jackets and swimsuits. There's a lot to do here. You can go to the MAGIC place 2 places down from our hotel. It is very strange...people walk around in capes and hats and look like they're from a Harry Potter movie...or a cult...I'm not sure yet. G wants to go to this place badly. I think it's a trap. It looks happy and fun on the outside but I have seen glimpses of the inside. I think they secretly teach people witchcraft or something :P

Then you can go to the Applewood Grill, which is where we ate tonight. It is a wonderful place where all their recipes revolve around apples. If it doesn't actually have apple in it, it's apple flavored. Amazing stuff. However great confusion revolves around this place, for you see there is another store called The Applewood Barn. They are sort of related but the Applewood Barn is a family style restaurant , whereas the Applewood Grill is an individual plate style restaurant. Very complicated. Made more so by the fact they are right next to each other.

Moving on...I found out there are psychics in Gatlinburg as well. Unfortunately they don't appear to be the cool kind that work for police stations as "consultants" I think they are mostly old weird ladies that have poorly kept up storefronts in strip malls. Oh well, so much for that.

There are a lot of weird stores here. There's about a million AS SEEN ON TV stores, but oddly, they mostly have Confederate flags and 2 for 5 dollar t-shirts. I've never seen those on TV. Although they do have snuggies there. I am still not getting those things. I know I know they are blankets with sleeves, but do they have backs? No! So then they are really like the gowns they give you at doctor's offices, and who would want to wear those around the house?

There is also this huuuuuuggeeee knife store here. It's amazingly big. They say it's the biggest knife store in the world. I don't really believe them though, there has to be bigger ones, say in the former Soviet Union, mixed in with the guns, and nukes and such. Maybe it's just the biggest LEGAL knife store in the world. Or the biggest knife store whose owners don't work for the Mafia. Who knows?

Moving on again...Man I'm tired, I don't write very well when I'm tired. I'm looking around my room. There are lots of Christmas ornaments on the walls. I count two wreaths, two reindeer, a holly looking thing, and an assortment of bows on everything. Lots of Christmas...all the time...


Ok I guess I better go to bed,

I'll try to post about cool things,

less about the knife store.

2 comments:

  1. That's awesome! I LOVE Gatlinburg!!! You need to try indoor skydiving, It's fun!

    ReplyDelete
  2. LESS about the knife store? I was hoping for an entire post about the knife store. So disappointing... Enjoy the lame-o skiing, one day you should experience what skiing actually is and what snow actually looks like in the "west" as you would say. :D

    ReplyDelete